Sustainable Efforts Information
The planning committee will promote sustainability in daily conference practices. We encourage you as conference participants to be committed to one or more of the following steps that helps with our sustainability efforts.
1. All communication about the conference is paper-less. We are only utilizing our website and e-mails for anything conference-related.
2. We encourage participants to offset their travel carbon emission via terrapass (http://www.terrapass.com/)
3. Qatar’s tap water quality is high, therefore we suggest you bring your own reusable water bottle to the conference. Water stations are available throughout the Student Center.
4. If you want a roommate, to help reduce hotel costs and resources, please e-mail ADDRESS and we will try to connect you with others seeking the same.
5. We will utilize buses and shuttles for all the events, and encourage you to walk between buildings on campus.
6. If you are presenting, there is no need for printing handouts. We will post all presentation materials on the conference website.
7. We are working with our caterers to ensure reduced food waste and encouraging the procurement of local food items for our meals.
1. Nametags are reusable! Please leave them by the registration table before you depart on the last day.
2. Reminders will be given in between session so you don’t forget to bring and use your reusable containers, where the water fountains are located, and more!
3. You will have the unique chance of visit our flagship project which utilize the latest green building construction strategies.
1. We will ask your feedback and suggestions on how to make future conferences in the region even more sustainable!