Convenience is often the number one reason for living on campus, but you'll find that we offer our students much more than just a place to study and sleep. You will be joining a considerable percentage of Hamad Bin Khalifa University's student population, who call it home.
Research shows that living in the residence halls has a positive influence on a student's grade point average, their level of involvement in campus activities, persistence to graduation, and satisfaction with his or her collegiate experience. This means that compared with non-resident students, those who live on campus generally achieve better grades, are more connected with their university, are more likely to complete their degree and report greater satisfaction with their experience!
Qatar Foundation's Housing and Residence Life community provides excellent opportunities for student growth and development through educational, cultural, recreational, and social programs.
Here are just a few reasons why residents choose to live on campus:
- Endless opportunities to meet new people and develop lasting friendships.
- Easy walking distance to classes, the Student Center, and other recreational areas.
- A variety of programs and activities to meet diverse student needs and interests. Sport competitions, potluck dinners, BBQs, language programs, gardening events, city trips, etc. are some events sponsored by Residence Life. And when you need a break, there are also quiet places available.
- Professional Residential Hall Directors and student staff are available for advice or referrals on just about any topic, from personal problems to career decisions.
- Opportunities to participate in the Residence Hall Council, an advocacy and programming body for residents to gain experience in leadership positions.
- Spacious resident apartments, computer labs, and social spaces within the halls are all equipped with high speed internet access.
- Regularly scheduled free bus service for shopping malls, religious services, souqs and wellness clinics.
- 24 hour safety and security.
- Small community comprised of an average of 50 students and two CDAs in each residence hall. It won’t take you long to make friendships and participate in our activities.